Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Fresh Water: Women Writing on the Great Lakes - Alison Swan, Editor


Last Night, I attended the readings at Herrick Library from this book. I had purchased the book last fall and read most of it. I enjoyed seeing the women in person and as they read I began to relax and appreciate the writing again. The book inspired me to try my own hand at an essay. I then submitted my essay to a project that the Holland Area Arts Council was sponsoring and am anxiously awaiting their final product.
It has been a wild week for me and books. I worked the book fair at my daughter's school yesterday and purchased several books that I'm dying to dig into. My friend Yvette gave me two books to read last week which I have begun and last week while at the library renewing a book which I hadn't finished yet, I picked up this wonderful publication called BookPage http://www.bookpage.com/ As I was waiting for my daughter to dance, I read through the book reviews highlighted within and now have several more desirable reads on my list. How will I find time to get anything else done?

No comments: